The Reserve Bank of India has set up an Inter-disciplinary Standing Committee on Cyber Security to, inter alia, review the threats inherent in the existing/emerging technology; study adoption of various security standards/protocols; interface with stakeholders; and suggest appropriate policy interventions to strengthen cyber security and resilience.
The current composition of the Standing Committee is as follows:
- Smt. Meena Hemchandra, Executive Director, RBI, Chairperson
- Prof. H. Krishnamurthy, Principal Research Scientist, IISC, Bangalore
- Dr. A.S. Ramasastri, Director, IDRBT, Hyderabad
- Shri. Nandkumar Sarvade, CEO, ReBIT, Mumbai
- Shri. Krishna Sastry Pendalaya, Forensic Scientist
- Shri. R. Vittal Raj, Founder and Partner, M/s. Kumar & Raj, Chartered Accountants
- Shri Ashutosh Bahuguna, Scientist–C, CERT-In
- Shri. S. Ganesh Kumar, CGM-in-Charge, Department of Information Technology, Reserve Bank of India, Central Office
- Smt. Nanda S Dave, CGM, Department of Payment and Settlement Systemn, Reserve Bank of India, Central Office
- Shri. R. Ravikumar, CGM, Department of Banking Supervision, Reserve Bank of India, Central Office
- Shri. V. G. Sekar, GM, Department of Banking Supervision, Reserve Bank of India, Central Office (Member Secretary)
Going forward, the committee may co-opt more experts in this area and also operate through a framework of sub-committees, if required, to examine specific issues.
Source- RBI CIRCULARS